"Teaching Student Behavior One Student at a Time"
Department of Exceptional Children serves by providing Behavioral Support Services to assist staff and students. We help by:
- Working with school personnel, family members, and community resource agencies to develop the best support possible to redirect students to best behaviors.
- Providing training as identified by school teams that focus on building capacity in the areas of behavioral prevention and intervention
- Providing staff development training for “NonViolent" Crisis Intervention teams within the schools.
- Providing in-class observations and feedback to teachers on the development and implementation of behavior strategies
- Collecting data and assist with on-going evaluation of behavior, behavior modification recommendations, and/or development of alternative solutions to suspensions
- Assisting in the collection of school discipline data to develop Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) and Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP) process
- Providing parent training and workshops