How Do I . . . ?

  • PowerSchool Best Practices
    I am confused.  What is the difference between all of these programs?
    1) PowerSchool is the database of record and the single sign on point of entry for Schoolnet and NCEES. PowerTeacher is the teacher access point for teachers. 

    I clicked on print for a report but I did not get what I thought I was printing.  What do I do?

    2) I try to print reports in PowerSchool but I cannot see them when I click the printer icon!
    PowerSchool sends all printer requests to a queue. Click the Refresh button. It may take a while for a really large report to complete. 

    Will my password expire like in NCWISE? 
    3) You will eventually get a message that your password will expire!  Change it immediately or you will get locked out.  Change your password if you think it has been compromised. You must follow the NCS guidelines for passwords.

    I was working in PowerSchool/PowerTeacher over the weekend and nothing would save.  Why was I not able to do my work on the weekend?
    4) PowerSchool is taken down periodically for maintenance.  There is a planned maintenance cycle for this work.  However, there have been times when DPI or the vendor have to do additional work.  You will receive an email from the district coordinator alerting you to any emergency maintenance weekend.  See the regular schedule below:

    PowerSchool Maintenance Weekends

    DPI PowerSchool 2015-16 Maintenance Weekends
    (Red indicates an emergency update period)
    July 17 – 19, 2015
    August 7 – 10, 2015
    September 18 – 21, 2015
    October 16 – 19, 2015
    November 13 – 16, 2015
    December 11 – 14, 2015
    February 5 – 8, 2016
    March 11 – 14, 2016
    April 22 – 25, 2016
    May 13 – 16, 2016

    All parts of Home Base (PowerSchool, PowerTeacher, Schoolnet and NCEES) will go offline at 5:00pm on Friday and return to service on Monday at 6:00am.  

    How can I get back to records for students who were in school prior to PowerSchool?
    5) We have access to digitized records for students from the 1960s to last school year and paper records prior to 1960s.   Persons who need records should request records from the high school receptionist or data manager or contact the district office.