NEW TEACHER LICENSURE INFORMATION
LICENSURE FOR INSTRUCTIONAL POSITIONS:
PERSONS INTERESTED IN TEACHING POSITIONS WITH NORTHAMPTON COUNTY SCHOOLS MUST HOLD OR MEET THE REQUIREMENTS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A NORTH CAROLINA TEACHING LICENSE.
If you have accepted a teaching position in Northampton County Schools and do not currently hold a North Carolina Teaching License, listed below are the types of teaching license you can apply for and the necessary forms needed.
Teacher Education Majors:
- Form A
- Official Transcripts for Each Degree Earned from a Regional Accredited College or University. (They must include name of institution, degree and date earned and is clear and legible.)
- Other State License (Must be clear and legible includes copy of front and back, with code key) OR Form V.pdf (completed and signed by recommending official at institution where approved education program was completed)
- Copies of Test Scores from any NTE, Praxis or Other State required tests
- Experience Forms (if Applicable)- Verified by each former employer for any prior experience
- Form E - (Teaching or Teacher Assistant Experience)
- Form CE - (Verification of Post-Secondary Education Experience)
- Form NE - (Non-Teaching Experience in the field you are teaching)
- Alternative License: If you are applying for an Alternative License you must complete the forms listed above, along with one of these license application forms:
- Permit to Teacher
- Emergency License
- Residency License
- Click HERE for more details and a comparison of the Alternative Licensure options.
Employment selections are made based on the interview(s), licensure status (if applicable,) experience, skills, academic performance, and references of those applicants interviewed. If you are selected for a position, you will be informed by the Human Resources Department.
We appreciate your interest in our school system and invite you to search through our website to learn more, or feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at